As an individual/family, when you file with us you’ll receive:
– Your tax return will be checked and rechecked by our computer software identifying potential problems the IRS may look at more closely and reviewing the math to limit IRS contacts.
– Your tax return can be filed electronically so you will get a refund back quicker.
– Our staff will show you how to adjust your payroll withholding to get more money back each week. Why give the IRS an interest free loan for up to 16 months.
– We will show you potential deductions to limit your tax liability for next year. In addition, we will give you a sheet of commonly overlooked deductions to limit the following year’s tax liability.
As a business, when you file with us you’ll receive:
– We’ll prepare your bookkeeping for the year (if needed), prepare a full Schedule C, as well as your personal income tax return. Then we’ll help you set up an easy system that allows you to keep your books in tip-top shape next year.
Here’s a Tax-cutting Checklist to get you started. Check the list below to see if there are tax breaks that you’re overlooking:
Roth IRA – Roth 401(k) if employer’s plan permits – Rollover to Roth IRA – Tax-deductible IRA – Child tax credit – Child care credit – Earned income credit – Annual gifts to reduce estate – Education savings accounts – Education expenses – American opportunity tax credit – Lifetime learning credit – Bunching deductions – Flexible spending accounts – Health savings account – Donating appreciated assets instead of cash – Qualifying property for personal residence gain exclusion – Best filing status – Shifting income or deductions from year to year – Adoption expense credit
Tax-free municipal bonds – Long-term capital gains – Rental property – Tax-free exchange – Low-income housing credit – Small business stock rollover
Home office deduction – Keogh plan – SIMPLE plan – SEP – 401(k) plan – First year expensing of business equipment – Year-end bonuses – Bad debt write-off – Disabled access credit – Other business tax credits – Tax-free exchange